vendredi 11 juillet 2008

HOST CITY!


























So, apparently, my host family information wasn't even sent to AFS USA from AFS France until yesterday, and that's why I hadn't heard!
I'm going to Liginiac! Which (as google searches tell me)is a leeetttle tiny town (and by little I mean 630 inhabitants) in the city of Ussel, in Correze, in the province of Limousin, in France!!! And according to these websites, Limousin the 2nd least populated region in France! I was surprised when I saw the address AFS gave me, because it's nothing like "600 Rue de Lafayette" or something like that. It's actually "Chateau de Mareges." So they live in a chateau? WOW! I searched it in google (that amazing google..haha) and I got pictures of a castle-like place, advertising it as a holiday property. So I am slightly confused, though the chateau in the pictures looks rather like the photos they sent me! (the first photo up there is from the holiday property website!, and the second is one they sent me!) My theory is that they rent out rooms because of their extensive land, or rent out their chateau on holidays. (I don't have high expectations do I? haha)
I really think it's awesome that they put me there. My family sounds amazing, and I'll be going from a HUGE CITY to a little tiny town, and I'll get to experience REAL FRENCH LIFE! IN THE COUNTRYSIDE!
I'm sooo excited. So so psyched. Even though I couldn't find any information on my school, "College Voltaire."

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

CHELSEA! I called you but you didn't pick up! Oh well, we'll talk later this week, for sure.

All I can say is: UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe you're going to actually live in a chateau! If they really do rent the rooms out, think of all the interesting French (and other) characters you'll meet this coming year! And some many brothers and sisters to get to know and befriend! And horses! So romantic and poetic I'm just blabbing away right now!

I must talk to you as soon as posible or I'll fizzle and swell and burst and pop! haha I miss you!!! And I hope you fall in love with the notebook once again! :)

-Justine