jeudi 20 mars 2008

Hello!

This is where I will post all the goings-on while I'm in France! I'm going with AFS (American Field Service) Intercultural Programs and I'm going on the Summer-Departure France Year Program. I leave on August 20-23rd!!!!
I'm so unbelievably excited.
Here are some interesting facts/statistics about France.
Capital: Paris
Flag:
Highest Point: Mont Blanc in the Alps
Population: 60 Million
Religion: Roman Catholic 83-88%
Protestant: 2%
Jewish 1%
Muslim 5-10%
Unaffiliated: 4%
Currency: euro
Percentage of French homes w/ a pet: 52%
Amount of cheese eaten by each french person a day: 2 ounces
Percentage of ownership: iron 98%
frying pan 67%
microwave oven 52%
Children age 15-24 that live with their parents: 73%
Hours the french work each week: 35 hours

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

lol, am I going to be hearing a lot of *really* random facts about france from now on?

you know, I'm never going to forget that 52% of French people own microwaves, so i really hope that statistic doesn't change...

happy, uh, new-journal-getting?
it's very pretty!
hurrah!

Anonyme a dit…

oops, that was me-- emily

Maya a dit…

HELLO chelsea!
i looked at the word "iron" for probably two minutes before i figured out it didn't mean the metal.
anyway, i'm gonna write you back soon, promise. i've been busy. but look forward to mail!
much love from your laying-on-the-grass amie
maya