mercredi 3 septembre 2008

IN FRANCE!!

I'm finally here....after the AFS camps, both in New York (which was almost horrible, by the way), and in France (which wasn't).

The days have been passing by...and they seem a lot longer here. Everyone wakes up at 6 or 7 for school (which I 'll talk a bit more about later), eat lunch around 12, 13h00, then eats dinner around 21h00, then goes to bed. They're house is beautiful... and everyone has been really nice to me, even though my french really isn't what I expected and I don't understand much at all. When I think about it, it's really the little things that make France so...awesome. I am in love with here. The other day, I sat out in their backyard, and Gautier plopped one of the many cats in my lap. Pretty much, it pooped all over my jeans--and it was just too funny. ( You know those moments when you're really embarrassed, but when you think about it, it's really pretty funny) Lucie and I couldn't stop laughing. And when we drove in the car to go canoeing and canyoning (a very....um...exciting excursion), they played a french song, and then that oldie 'Satisfaction' and Alain sang along. Alain has been talking in a strange mix of english and french ( he studied in wyoming for a couple years, but his english has since deteriorated), and when we went canyoning (rock climbing) he was trying to help me, but he kept mixing up the words 'left' and 'right.' And I've been really confused mind-wise, and most of the time, I can't remember whether someone said something to me in english or french....
The little things that are just.....funny about france:
  • they eat fromage and pain with everything
  • when I ordered pizza in a restaurant, they came out with a whole pizza on a plate for me
  • there's a waffle in the vending machine
  • the mailwoman knows everyone's name in the town
  • Charlotte (3) has a different cut little dress to where everyday, and she loves Indiana Jones movies
  • Gautier tries to be helpful, by repeating what everyone says very slowly for me
  • People smile and wave when you drive by, and they don't know you
  • they think it's just hilarious to eat eggs for breakfast
  • there are little villages everywhere and all of htem are the length of about one street in LA

School started yesterday too. It was....to put it mildly CONFUSING. We took a big charter bus to school...hm....pretty much I didn't understand anything, but Lucie is in the same class as me, so she was really helpful. My P.E. teacher thought it was very interesting that I was from the US, and he made us walk 2 blocks, then gave us candy. Pretty much, the whole day was WHOOSH (that was it going over my head). But today, the seocnd day of school, was much better. I could understand a bit more, and I had english class, and music. (Singing! required singing class! I think we learn some recorder in there too).

But I'm taking 10 classes overall: French, english, spanish, math, physics/chemistry, biology, history, drawing, music, P.E., and Technology. And ALL of that is required!! I am definitely thinking about all the requirements I can get out of the way. haha...

In the meantime, everyone thinks it's quite a novelty to be from LA, and all the girls in my class have been asking if there are 'beautiful boys there.' I mean...you tell me. =P

I love it, and I miss you.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Chelsey, i miss you, girl. I am glad you are enjoying. Lots of hugs! This is Natasha, your piano teacher.

Anonyme a dit…

why was afs camp in ny terrible??